Saturday, December 15, 2012

If It's Any Indication

When I was pregnant with Geo he hardly moved. I mean if he had been anything but the first I would have ordered some sort of at-home fetal monitor to make sure everything was okay. But during March Madness we watched a lot of Syracuse basketball (Carmelo Anthony's final year) and every time Geo would bounce all over the place. Today Geo loves basketball. He would watch it all the time if he could and loves to talk about the games and who did what. As though before he was even born basketball was in his blood.

When I was pregnant with ISH we went and saw Walk The Line.  Whenever the musical numbers were on my belly would bounce in rhythm  to the music.  Since day one ISH has been into music.  He's the child who composes his own songs and mashups during piano practice, turns anything into an instrument, and who, at age 4, pointed out the subtle differences between the real Star Wars song and the one that played when he opened his birthday card.  As though before he was even born music was in his blood.

Last night LK and I were able to get away for a date night before baby boy #3 arrives (who could come at any time!!).  After dinner we went to the movies (something we rarely ever do these days) and watched the new Bond movie, Skyfall.  With every fight scene the baby would lurk and twist across my belly.  As though .... as though ... warning me that perhaps we might be in trouble with this one.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment