Monday, May 3, 2010

Looking Forward to May Days

So you might notice the new do we're sporting around these parts. Yup, the blog had a spa day (speaking of Mother's day presents) and came out looking rather fab (if I do say so myself and since it's my blog, I will).

The new look was a bit impromptu, but then I'm someone that often rearranges furniture (yes Mandy, I agree my bed looks better in it's new location) so why not a little bloggy-rearranging too.

And in case you're wondering, the inspiration for the header picture is to show you all how it is my hair can stay so big (and you all thought it was just the pomade). It's a fun Where's Waldo sort of picture if you have the time to hunt.

But the look isn't the only thing that's changing this month. This month I will set aside the 365 with Rachel Ray and will be moving on to another cookbook- which one, ah you'll have to come back and see.

All and all, I'm looking forward to May. In my mind, May is the beginning of summer, I mean I know it's not really summer yet and I know that we have a full 26 days until I'm feeling sand between my toes, but when May is here- it's like I can see summer peeking it's head around the corner, "walking sneaky" towards me as ISH would say.

May is also the sixth Mother of a Brunch that I've hosted for both sides of my family on Mother's Day weekend. It's a great time of celebration.

And speaking of things that have been going on for a while, this month I get to celebrate nine years of marriage to the wonderful LK.

May will also be a time of celebrating as I get to be there to watch Dr_EAM walk the stage and cross from the world of med-student into the world of resident. He's been working on not laughing when someone calls him doctor. Let's hope he gets that one down before his first day in the new program.

I feel like I missed out on the April showers part of year, but the tree-house effect of my backyard is in full swing, the birds are back, I saw my backyard toad the other day, and good times ahead. (Someone stop me before I break into some Nellie Forbush meets Laurey Williams song and dance routine!)

Here's to hoping you're seeing May as optimistically as I am,

0 comments:

Post a Comment