Saturday, May 15, 2010

SoCoS: Queue

I know - it's late.  Sorry.  But it's still Saturday so there's still time for SoCoS. Today's randomly generated word is Queue. Ready and go:

Queue is one of those words I never really used pre-LK. Much like capsicum (bell pepper), script (prescription), and mind your .... (as in I'm going to mind your children tonight, or mind your step). All of them Brit words he's introduced to my life.

We once had an argument about what the Otto was. He wanted it taken to the curb and I didn't have a clue. Ah the joys of a third culture marriage. Or maybe that argument was about the meaning of the word taut. Otto by the way is the word the garbage bin the trash men come and collect.

I use queues in work now. We have queues we check every day, but those are spelled Q-U-E-S which only adds to the difficulty I have in spelling queue correctly. Oh how I cannot spell! But that's what spell check is for, right?

Hit a road block, Hit a road block, Hit a road block, maybe I'm hitting these because of doing SoCoS so late today. My apologies. You can all queue up to tell me how it's thrown off your day. Or, if you like, you can just write about it.

Now it's your turn. If you'd like to participate in a little SoCoS action here are your guidelines: Write on the same topic for 3:37 without stopping. If you can't think of what to write, write "hit a road block" over and over again until something comes to mind. When you're done- post a link to your SoCoS writing as a comment to this post.

Looking forward to see what you all have to say

1 comments:

ComplyKated said...

LK's thoughts on queues

Post a Comment