Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Unknown Sock

While folding laundry I discovered a sock I had never seen before. A sock completely foreign to my house.

Missing socks are no new mystery. I know that Erma Bombeck had a theory or two of her own about socks. And, well, then that's Arthur episode about the Sock Exchange. And I have often thought my washing machine just simply ate the socks, but I never though that it might not be eating them but more transporting them to someone else's washing machine.

I mean, this opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Maybe the four socks that are continually without a mate, were never really mine to begin with. Maybe they are yours, transported here from your washer to mine.  Maybe our washing machines are portals to other places.  Like a breach in the space time continuum of laundry.

This makes my previous solution for mismatched socks of just throwing them back in the hamper for another round of washing, actually a good idea (despite what LK thinks). It just might be in one of these washing that they end up back in their original home.

So here's the deal, here are the socks most recently mismatched. If they belong to you, please let me know. I'd be happy to try and program the portal and have my washing machine send them back your way.



With much thanks,

0 comments:

Post a Comment