Sunday, October 17, 2010

Why Don't We

Tonight in Q groups Geo was asked to lead the prayer.

"And God, be with the Devil."

Oh dear- I thought, wondering what in the world was coming next.

"Help him to come to know you and make good choices."

Well, that wasn't what I expected.  I'm not sure what I thought was coming next, but that wasn't it.  And yet, it raises some questions for me.

Why don't we pray for the Devil?  I mean if he made the choice to fall, cannot he not eventually choose better?  Or is he just a hopeless cause?  Or if we are commanded to pray for our enemies, isn't such a prayer Biblical?

2 comments:

Summer said...

I know I've said this many times, but I'm not kidding. I really think I should just send our baby to live with you until he grows up! You're such a good parent!

ComplyKated said...

You might want to send your child to be raise by Geo- he's the one who came up with that prayer. Unfortunately, it's not something I've ever thought of doing before.

Post a Comment