Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Week In Review

I'll tell you this much, vacation with my mom is hard work.  I crashed at 9:45 last night and slept until 7 (hooray for early-rising dogs still sleeping at the vet).

We spent a few hard-playing days at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine that has an amazing indoor water park.



Which, of course, resulted in the need to superglue a chin



It's nice to have Dr_EAM and his lovely wife closer by- I mean not just for the superglue skills, but because we were able to see them each evening (I wish I'd had the video on when Dr_EAM freaked Geo out by acting like the crawfish - pictured below- was alive.  Oh my goodness!  It was hilarious!)



And we topped off the week with a family reunion for my mom's dad's side.  It's been 22 years since I've seen some of the people that were there and there was a whole new branch that came this time that I've never met.  But, by the end of the afternoon we were chatting like family that had known each other for years.

This is a picture of my grandmother holding the family Bible that belonged to my great-great-great-great-grandparents.

My Uncle James and his wife, he is the oldest living family member in this line (not that I'm saying he's old!)

My mom explaining to my second-cousin the genealogy of the family line.  Mom's put in lots of time and effort into collecting the data.  Dr_EAM and his lovely wife farmed for names from the book later in the afternoon.  Sadly, they have not decided to go with California Delilah.


And here are some of my favorite pictures from my immediate family:

My Uncle Bruce, the roadie, coming straight from gripping for the Lady Gaga show in Dallas.



My Uncle, my cousin, and my sister


My Grandpa's branch: My uncle Ken, Grannie, Mom, and Uncle Bruce (what can I say, they're all a lot of fun!)


Four generations of my Grandpa's branch.  Unfortunately most of the 3rd and 4th generations weren't able to come.  If all of my Grandpa's branch had been there, there would have been 42 people!



Today I'm off to get some girl time with my nieces, will post those fun a frilly pictures later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment